Saturday 24 August 2019

birthday reflection...


David Thomas Adams....my first husband...
He would have been 77 today...
From my daughter Danica...
Happy 77th birthday dad. I am so glad that we are with your sister and family in Adelaide for her 80th birthday party, as this is where you would have been if you were still with us. 
Time passes but the memories never fade.


(David and sister Margaret)

Not sure what memories Danica may have...
The good memories were rather limply represented on the marriage time scale...
Perhaps Danica created some memories later when, with her own little family of boys,
she ensured he came to family birthdays and Christmas...
In her growing up years, he was only with us till she was 12-13...just beginning high school...
(he left a note on the kitchen table to say he was leaving...
as I found out later, for a woman at his office...)
And even till then, he was always busy...claiming late nights at work
(more likely womanising)
or watching TV's spill of cricket or football at weekends...
Rarely did we go out for drives or entertainment as a family...
But I believed I loved him totally in those days
and encouraged the children to love and understand him too...
I guess I didn't want to know more for what it really was...

I was broken-hearted for some years...yes...
Lost...
But I am not bitter...
In cold truth, the experience strengthened my resilience...
There was indeed a lot to strengthen in me...I admit...
I was a blind one with stars in my eyes and rainbows in my soul...
That status severely needed a blast of new skies and new weather patterns...
So, for introducing me to independence,
I am grateful to him...

No comments: