Saturday 17 August 2019

saunter...


'saunter'...such an intriguing origin of the word...

seeing this image today prompted me to begin exploring my own life...
my past life to present and into the future...

where have I been...
where am I...
where am I going...

so many have encouraged me to record the incredible
warps and wefts of my life...

the task seemed overwhelming...
and...
who indeed would be interested?
so much sounds like the extreme 'truth' of a B grade movie...

it couldn't possibly be real...

but now...perhaps the time has come...
to at least try to begin...

instead of blogging the order of my life...
(as if there really is any order)
I have decided to post the thoughts as they surface...
tags will assist to find some sense in the clutter...
dates
people
places

until now
I felt that I had been shunted through life...

perhaps
with the increasing wisdom of age and reflection
in truth...
more than I realised...
I have steered the course...

you be the judge if need be...

since the pain of losing my partner this year
I have held a mantra close...
Keep walking...
my wiser, patient self tells me...

and I keep walking

in fact
I saunter...

and take the time
to marvel on...
and treasure...
the wee flowers
and rainbows...
the precious dawn lights
and sunsets
along the way...

So here's my unique
walk on the wild side..
my 'holy land'



Let the saga begin...

1 comment:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A new blog! I wish you well!